It’s all come down to this for Cooper Gill. It’s his senior season and he wants to end his career with a bang.
Gill is prepared to leave it all out on the mat.
On Saturday at Central Dauphin East High School, the Northern Lebanon senior opened his final scholastic postseason in style, by capturing the 160-pound weight class championship at a District Three Class AA sectional tournament. Gill posted three falls of varying lengths on his way to the crown.
In the final bout at 160 pounds, Gill stuck Anthony Glessner of Bishop McDevitt at the 5:14 mark. He had reached the championship match with a second-period pin of Columbia’s James Brady in the semifinals.
Gill opened his run with a nifty 17-second fall of Elco freshman Luke Bailey in the quarterfinals. Gill’s dominating performance at the Central Dauphin East sectional lifted his overall record to 24-6.
The outing also set him up for future success, at the upcoming District Three Class AA postseason back at Central Dauphin East, at the PIAA Class AA regional tournament at Freedom High School in Bethlehem and quite possibly at the state postseason at Hershey’s Giant Center next month.
Wengert’s Home Center
Lebanon Federal Credit Union
Kind Hearted Pet Resort
Buzgon Davis Law Offices
- Charles Jackson, Jr., Chad Thierwechter See a Lot of Their Former Selves in Local At-Risk Youth
- Once Sky High, Falcons’ Trajectory Now Losing Altitude
- Lebanon County Scholastic Sports Scoreboard: Week of January 30 – February 4
- Youth Travel Basketball Girls Update: February 2
- LebCo Varsity Ice Hockey Update: February 2