On Saturday, the high school cross country teams from Lebanon and Palmyra traveled to Carlisle to compete in the 29th Annual Carlisle XC Invitational. In total, there were 90 teams represented from across Pennsylvania, with other teams traveling from Maryland, Delaware, and Virginia. It is important to realize that this is a very large high school cross country meet, with 1,080 boys and 718 girls having run in the combined races.
Leading the way for our county athletes on the boys’ side was Lebanon’s Ramon Urena Batista, placing 38th in the Challenge Division and 40th overall. The junior rookie went out in 5:01 and finished the 5k course in 16:37.5.
Palmyra’s Ellie Schaffer was the top female finisher among the county’s competitors. With a time of 20:30.4, the sophomore led her team by finishing 54th in the Challenge Division and 76th overall.
Here are the full results for our county athletes who factored in the scoring for their teams:
The Cedars finished 38th out of 46 teams in Boys Challenge Division, while finishing 49th of 76 in the combined standings.
- Ramon Urena Batista – 16:37.5 / 38th Boys Challenge
- Brendon Shaak – 17:54.8 / 149th Boys Challenge
- Owen Kreider – 18:37.50 / 212th Boys Challenge
- Tyler Long – 18:50.3 / 229th Boys Challenge
- Samuel Davenport – 20:12 / 286th Boys Challenge
- Trevor Gipe – 20:14.2 / 163rd JV Boys
- Luke Dubble – 20:43.6 / 210th JV Boys
- Mileyska Calderon Calderon – 23:30 / 44th in JV Girls
The Lady Cougars finished 24th out of 38 teams in Girls Challenge Division, while finishing 29th out of 68 in the combined results.
- Ellie Schaffer – 20:30.4 / 54th Girls Challenge
- Avery Rohrer – 20:41.1 / 63rd Girls Challenge
- Abby Berarducci – 20:59 / 83rd Girls Challenge
- Andrea Cooper – 23:04.5 / 184th Girls Challenge
- Abby Keiner – 23:06.1 / 185th Girls Challenge
- Carmen McConaghy – 23:47.3 / 54th JV Girls
- Grace Chesney – 25:11.3 / 230rd Girls Challenge
- Cecilia Cole – 25:59.4 / 239th Girls Challenge
The Cougars finished 43rd out of 76 teams in the combined results, after finishing 36th out of 46 teams in Boys Challenge Division.
- Cornelius Cummings – 17:13.5 / 78th Boys Challenge
- Jake Vottero – 17:40.8 / 120th Boys Challenge
- Logan Mierzwicki – 18:13.8 / 178th Boys Challenge
- Connor Klucinec – 18:58.4 / 28th 9th Grade Boys
- Ethan Yorty – 19:01.9 / 241st Boys Challenge
- Camden Lynch – 19:24.7 / 256th Boys Challenge
- Nathan Werner – 19:29 / 93rd JV Boys
If you are looking to provide feedback or are a business or individual interested in providing sponsorship to aid our mission at LebCoSports, you are asked to contact Dan by emailing email@example.com.